In Boston for the first time we held our Executive/General Membership Meeting virtually.
Shall we hold our 2nd virtual meeting or meet face to face?
If we meet virtually should we hold the Executive Committee/General Membership Meeting after the conference so that all our committees can meet before and be able to present? Perhaps sometime during the week after the conference, Jan 10, Mon – Jan 14, Fri at 1pm EST.
ACRL’s FAQ about virtual meetings:
Some important tips to remember:
- Virtual meetings must be synchronous (using ALA Connect (connect.ala.org), Skype, Second Life, etc; not email).
- The following people are expected to attend Midwinter: Section Chair, Vice Chair, and Past Chair, Chairs of 2011 and 2012 Program Planning, and the Chair of Membership and Outreach.
- Discussion Groups are not required to meet at Midwinter.
- Minutes for virtual meetings are required to be submitted within 30 days of the meeting.
- Virtual meetings locations/directions, etc need to be posted 10 days before the meeting.