Maybe you’ve just gotten back from the ALA Conference, energized by our community, all that amazing food, and all of the Arts Section’s contributions…
- Our compelling and discipline-crossing program on multimedia metadata,
- The program on filmmaker Helen Hill that we co-sponsored with the ALA Video Roundtable,
- Our name-only co-sponsorship of programs by ACRL WESS/SEES and the ACRL Image Resources Interest Group,
- The five Arts members who shared their research and projects with us at the Arts Discussion Forum;
- Our now-famous ArtsGuide,
- Plus our discussion groups, and all of our other committee work,
…and maybe you’re wondering how you can help to keep this momentum going. Well, if you’ve been active with the Section, seriously consider putting yourself forward for nomination as a candidate for Arts Section Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect in the 2012 ALA elections.
The successful candidate will become Section Vice-Chair at the close of the 2012 ALA Annual Conference, will become Chair at the close of the 2013 Annual Conference, and will continue on the Executive Committee for an additional year as Immediate Past-Chair.
Any member of the Nominating Comittee will be happy to answer any questions you have. If you’re interested in nominating yourself (or someone else) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a brief summary of your/her/his previous activity with Arts.
And if you haven’t been active in Arts and would like to get started, please volunteer for one of our committees. You’ll find information and the volunteer form on our website, http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/acrl/about/sections/arts/arts.cfm.