SHARE YOUR PROJECTS OR RESEARCH BY PRESENTING VIRTUALLY FOR MIDWINTER 2013!
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2013
11AM-12noon PST/12-1PM MST/1-2PM CST/2-3PM EST
Are you interested in presenting at Midwinter but won’t be able to make it to Seattle? Sharing your experiences with fellow members in the Arts Section’s Virtual Discussion Forum is a great way to participate!
- Presentations can be on any topic pertaining to the arts or design (see list of possible topics below). It can be a project that you are currently working on or research you are engaged in.
- There is no requirement for presenters to register for Midwinter nor do presenters need to be Arts Section members to participate. Students are also encouraged to make a submission.
- Presenters need to be available on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 from 2-3PM EST. Each presentation will be 10-15 minutes with a short Q&A after.
Please email your proposals to Yvette Cortes (email@example.com). The deadline for submissions is Monday, December 10th. Chosen presenters will be notified shortly after.
- Research of any topic related to the arts
- Developments in the display and/or preservation of arts materials
- Innovative information literacy or visual literacy techniques with arts students
- Emerging technologies in arts libraries
- Inventive collection management and development in the arts
- Strategies for reaching out to arts users (students and faculty)
- Copyright and fair use in the arts environment
- Evaluating the needs of arts users
- Use of images in information literacy instruction
- Creative physical or online/virtual exhibits
If you have questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Chair, ACRL Arts Section Publications & Research Committee