CALL FOR PRESENTERS: ACRL ARTS SECTION’S ANNUAL DISCUSSION FORUM
SATURDAY, JUNE 29, 2013
Are you doing research in the arts that you would like to share with fellow librarians? Is there something you’re doing at your library dealing with the arts that you think others should know about?
If so, the ACRL Arts section invites you to submit a presentation proposal for our Discussion Forum to be held on Saturday, June 29th from 10:30-11:30 during the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago.
- Presentations can be on any topic pertaining to the arts or design (see list of possible topics below). It can be a project that you are currently working on or research you are engaged in.
- There is no requirement for presenters to be Arts Section members to participate. Students are also encouraged to make a submission.
- Each presentation will be 15-20 minutes with a short Q&A after.
Please email your proposals to Yvette Cortes (email@example.com). The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 8th. Chosen presenters will be notified shortly after.
- Developments in the display and/or preservation of arts materials
- Innovative information literacy or visual literacy techniques with arts students
- Emerging technologies in arts libraries
- Inventive collection management and development in the arts
- Strategies for reaching out to arts users (students and faculty)
- Copyright and fair use in the arts environment
- Evaluating the needs of arts users
- Use of images in information literacy instruction
- Creative physical or online/virtual exhibits
If you have questions, please contact me.
Chair, ACRL Arts Section Publications & Research Committee